Eviction Prevention and Rental Counseling
Del Norte housing counselors are committed to serving clients that are rent burdened or may be facing eviction. Families struggling to keep up with rent and utility costs are often living one emergency or misstep away from losing their housing.
Housing counselors can work with clients to:
1) Develop household budgets
2) Determine what they can afford to pay for rent
3) Establish eligibility for assistance
4) Apply for rental assistance
5) Identify an appropriate unit
6) Develop and maintain financial literacy through counseling on budgeting, credit, and financial management
7) Educate clients on good rental practices such as obtaining insurance, maintaining a healthy home, and preparing for future homeownership
8) Provide information to renters on tenant rights and fair housing issues.
9) and connect clients with community resources.
Del Norte will provide access to information through alternative means if clients or prospective clients have an impairment, disability, or language barrier. Please let our housing counselors know if you need accommodations.
If you are deaf, hard of hearing, or need assistance with speech, 711 can be utilized for TTY/TTD so that we can better serve you. To make using TRS as simple as possible, you can dial 711 to be automatically connected to a TRS communications assistant. It’s fast, functional, and free. Dialing 711, both voice and TTY-based TRS users can initiate a call from any telephone, anywhere in the United States.