TRUA offers rent and utility assistance to households earning up to 80% of the area median income, (see chart below). Paid for through Denver’s Affordable Housing Fund, TRUA is part of a collaborative effort by OED to address critical and immediate needs of people facing utility shutoff, eviction, or displacement.
ASSISTANCE IS ONLY FOR CITY AND COUNTY OF DENVER
FOR ASSITANCE OUTSIDE OF DENVER PLEASE CALL 211
PLEASE NOTE: If you received assistance previously from the program you are required to make an appointment with a counselor please call 303-477-4774 ext. 17
Below you will find the application for the TRUA Program, along with all the forms needed to submitted with your application. The forms include the budget and program waivers, as well as a W9 form that needs to be submitted by your landlord for the program.
Once you have compiled all the documents, please email them back at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 303-477-4774 ext. 25 for drop off dates and times.
Del Norte Neighborhood Development Corporation
3275 West 14th Ave #202
Denver, CO 80204
BELOW is the list of documents you need to submit with your application.
1. Application – TRUA Application (Refer to page 3 of the application for additional requirements)
4. Copy of Colorado License or ID
5. Budget (MUST BE COMPLETE) Budget
6. Supporting documents: Pay stubs, Tax returns, Payroll, Other pertinent documents
7. Bank Statements- Bank Statements will be required for all open bank accounts
8. Utility Bill – only if applying for Utility Assistance
9. Lease or alternative documents (proof of payments or receipts)
10. Eviction Notice if applicable
11. W-9 form (must be completed by landlord) W-9
12. Proof of hardship, this is a very important part of the application, please provided all supporting documents regarding your hardship.
Refer to page 3 of the application for additional guidance of appropriate documentation.
Please note that counselor reviewing your application may require additional documentation. In the event of a request for additional documentation, you will be given 3 business days to obtain the requested documentation.
PLEASE NOTE: Your Application must be complete and must include all supporting documents.
If you have additional questions, please feel free to give us a call at (303)477-4774 ext. 25