Temporary Rental & Utility Assistance (TRUA) offers rent and utility assistance to households earning up to 80% of the area median income. Funding is provided through Denver’s Affordable Housing Fund and is part of a collaborative effort by the Office of Economic Development to address critical and immediate needs of people facing utility shutoff, eviction, or displacement.
ASSISTANCE IS ONLY FOR CITY AND COUNTY OF DENVER RESIDENTS. FOR ASSITANCE OUTSIDE OF DENVER PLEASE CALL 211.
For Rental Assistance with Del Norte NDC you must live in one of the following Zip Codes:
80010, 80014, 80220, 80222, 80224, 80230, 80231, 80237, 80246
If you are currently living in one of the Zip Codes above, please call
303-477-4774 Ext. 30
STEPS TO TAKE:
1. Call 311 and press 6 — this will direct you to City staff who will ask you a few quick questions like your ZIP CODE. They will then direct you to a local non-profit that administers the program.
2. Leave your name, phone number, property address, and email – please speak slowly and clearly on the phone bank you have been directed to.
3. The administering agency will call you back within 24 working hours to provide you with the application form and list of required documentation. You will be asked to:
• Provide proof of your household income
• Proof you are a City & County of Denver resident (same address for past 60 days)
• Provide information about the cause of your housing crisis and financial need
• Provide government issued picture identification
• And other supporting documents as each case may be different
4. Complete the application form and send it back as directed.