Del Norte’s Counseling Services
Del Norte’s Homeownership Program provides one-on-one counseling to families and individuals low/moderate-income with the purpose of helping them to reach their goal of purchasing a home. In one-on-one counseling the families will learn how to budget, how to build and establish credit, how to save, lending process and mortgage options, be aware of predatory lenders and home maintenance.
The eHome America online curriculum meets requirements for first time home buyer education, please check with your lender first. The eHome America online education can take up to 8 hours to complete.
COST: This course costs $99 for primary borrowers and an additional $49 for co-borrowers.
AFTER COMPLETING COURSE: The course requires a 30-minute follow-up counseling session for both borrowers and co-borrowers. This session can be completed in person or over the phone. Participants will receive registration packet for follow up session prior to session upon completion of the online course.
Once you have received registration packet please print and submit by mail, or email with attention to:
3275 West 14th Avenue #202, Denver, CO 80204
For Spanish Homebuyer Education Classes click HERE
Down payment / Closing cost Assistance
Down payment assistance and closing cost assistance is in the form of a loan with zero (0%) percent interest; no payments are required. The loan will be due at the time of sale, title transfer and or at the 30th anniversary of the execution of the Note. Loans cannot be subordinated.
- Property must be located in the following counties: City and County of Denver and the surrounding counties, including Adams County, Arapahoe County, Broomfield County, Boulder County, Douglas County, Jefferson County, Larimer County, Morgan County, El Paso County and Weld County.
- Borrower must occupy the home as their primary residence; a change in owner occupancy status will trigger immediate repayment of the loan.
- The applicant cannot have owned a home in the past three years, or must meet the federal definition of first time home buyer.
- Attend a homebuyer education class.
- Household income cannot exceed 80% of the area median income. (see chart below)
- Household with incomes over 80% are not eligible for financial assistance, however they can receive homebuyer education counseling.
- Additional requirements apply
- The Loan Officer will submit the application on the borrower’s behalf
- The borrower must be under contract in order to apply
For guidelines and lender forms please contact Maria Melgoza at email@example.com
Post Purchase Counseling
The goal of post purchase counseling is to reduce the risk for default on home loans by families/individuals via one-on-one interviews and educational workshops. These services include education on property maintenance, money management, relations with lenders, and budget development.
Post-Purchase Counseling provides ongoing support for families/individuals after they have purchased a home ensuring that their homeownership experience is a successful one.
Early Delinquency Counseling
There are many reasons homeowners face difficulty in making mortgage payments: unexpected expenses, loss of employment and overspending. Early Delinquency Counseling addresses the financial crisis in the earliest possible stages informing the client of all available options to act quickly.
For more information about any of our programs or to make an appointment for counseling call: 303-477-4774, Cecilia Cervantes ext. 17, and Maria Melgoza ext. 30.