Are you interested in buying a house and need help?
Counseling is designed to help low and moderate income families and individuals with the purpose of helping them achieve their goal of buying a home.
You will learn about the home buying process with specific information based on your needs in order to make correct decisions.
- Our job is to advise you and answer your questions.
- The counselor can guide through the whole process
- Plan reduction of your debts
- Establish a budget
- Establish your credit
- DPA and Closing Cost Program
Down Payment Assistance and Closing Cost Program
Down payment assistance and closing cost assistance is in the form of a loan with zero (0%) percent interest; no payments are required. The loan will be due at the time of sale, title transfer and or at the 30th anniversary of the execution of the Note. Loans cannot be subordinated.
- Property must be located in the following counties: City and County of Denver and the surrounding counties, including Adams County, Arapahoe County, Broomfield County, Boulder County, Douglas County, Jefferson County, Larimer County, Morgan County, El Paso County and Weld County.
- Borrower must occupy the home as their primary residence; a change in owner occupancy status will trigger immediate repayment of the loan.
- The applicant cannot have owned a home in the past three years, or must meet the federal definition of first time home buyer.
- Attend a homebuyer education class.
- Household income cannot exceed 80% of the area median income. (see chart below)
- Household with incomes over 80% are not eligible for financial assistance, however they can receive homebuyer education counseling.
- Additional requirements apply
LENDERS PLEASE NOTE:
- Loan Officer will submit the application on the borrower’s behalf
- The borrower must be under contract in order to apply
For more information contact Maria Melgoza at firstname.lastname@example.org
Post Purchase Counseling
The goal of post purchase counseling is to reduce the risk for default on home loans by families/individuals via one-on-one interviews and educational workshops. These services include education on property maintenance, money management, relations with lenders, and budget development.
Post-Purchase Counseling provides ongoing support for families/individuals after they have purchased a home ensuring that their homeownership experience is a successful one.
Early Delinquency Counseling
There are many reasons homeowners face difficulty in making mortgage payments: unexpected expenses, loss of employment and overspending. Early Delinquency Counseling addresses the financial crisis in the earliest possible stages informing the client of all available options to act quickly.
For more information about any of our programs or to make an appointment for counseling call: 303-477-4774, Cecilia Cervantes ext. 17, and Maria Melgoza ext. 30.